Web Form Tips
by Joel Mangilit
Internet Marketing Consultant
Here are some tips when using web forms to improve your online business.
- Absolute best-converting pages didn't always produce the best customer
- Not much variance in results: spot colors, and cartoony versus serious
- More information equals more conversions … as long as it's a quick
bulleted read and it's all on one page. No hyperlinks.
- Bulleted list of benefits at the far-right side handily beat out the photo
of a human being and the pig cartoon.
- Number of questions and order of questions produced 10.6% improvements in
- Page layout was second- most important at +7.2%.
- Copy order was at +6.9% and introductory copy was at +6.2%.
- Forms centered in the middle of the page definitely outpulled forms that
- You probably should be copywriting the actual word(s) on your submission
- Don't just say "submit" or "go".
Case Study: CompUSA Web Form Tips
- CompUSA buyers who used the site's comparison tool spent 33% more than
those who did not.
- We optimized the shopping cart.
- Instead of a long form with fields one after another, we put shipping and
billing data side by side.
- We tightened up the form, clarified the copy - put more intuitive
instructions and labels.
- 32% increase in completion rate, 5% increase in store revenue.
This section features additional resources on web forms.
Philippines Web Tutorial - Articles and Tips on Internet
Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, and Philippine Business
Philippine resource for information regarding Internet marketing, online
advertising, web site design, and search engine optimization for Philippine