Increase Online Conversion Rates
by Joel Mangilit
Internet Marketing Consultant
General Ideas for Increasing Your Website's Conversion Rate
- Help customers make a buying decision.
- Prospect > Rapport > Qualify > Present > CLOSE
- We'd offered a newsletter subscription, but after adding the white paper,
conversion went up 7-fold.
- Reports are that six times as many visitors will buy if questions are
- Larger product photos and customer testimonials helped conversion rates
- Order form headline "Order Right Here, Right Now. It's Secure"
won out over the less pushy, "Enter the shipping address for this
- Page layouts without vertical columns performed better.
- Clarify USP.
- Reduce the number of clicks.
Case Study: How PersonalCreations.com Increased Their Online Store
- Our business it's a breadth issue, not a depth issue.
- Home page needed to change -- from pitching a few spotlight items to
pitching the idea of buying from this particular site versus all the other
gift sites out there.
- More thumbnails per page from 9 to 12, slightly bigger with a bit more
descriptive copy, including price.
- Moving bestsellers to the first page.
- Adding more categories.
- Navigation bar very clean and text-based.
- Asking for the shipping address first produced more conversions than
billing address first.
Case Study: How The Sleep Better Store Improved Their Online Conversion
- Beautiful images and a heavily detailed navigation bar have been replaced
by non-descript text-links.
- Search-driven clicks converted 500% better than before.
- Consumers tend to research heavily online prior to buying high priced
- Online sales funneled in from two very different sources; Bplans.com
content site and search engines.
- More focused articles won hands down.
- Turned popular Q&A content into formal articles.
- Have a live hotlink to the ecommerce site on each page of the sample
- "Decision page" visitors were more likely to continue shopping
if they were presented with fewer product options -- especially above the
- Content above the fold is focused on one pitch.
- Not-so-great photos of the real-life customers won over slick photos.
This section features additional resources about increasing online conversion
Philippines Web Tutorial - Articles and Tips on Internet
Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, and Philippine Business
Philippine resource for information regarding Internet marketing, online
advertising, web site design, and search engine optimization for Philippine